Welcome to Bread and Melody, You will learn how to make the recipe for Shrimp Fried Rice (Khao Pad Goong) classic Thai fried rice with shrimp. Shrimp fried rice is a portion of typical street food available at every restaurant in Thailand.
- Shrimp (5-6 pcs)
- White onion (small size)
- Spring onion (2 pcs)
- Beans (4 pcs)
- Carrot (1)
- Garlic (2-3 cloves)
- Egg (1)
- Bowl of cooked rice
- Red Chillies (3-4)
- Fish Sauce (teaspoon)
- Soya sauce (tablespoon)
- Oyster sauce (tablespoon)
- Vegetable oil (3-4 teaspoons)
Take 2-3 garlic, peel and mince them.
Slice onion into wedges lengthwise.
Slice the spring onion bottom roots and cut them finely.
Cut your beans and carrot into smaller pieces.
(In order to make good Shrimp Fried Rice you need to use rice that day old rice which works very well)
- Turn on your stove and add about one tablespoon of oil for frying, (make sure the oil is nice and hot).
- Put the minced garlic and red chillies stir fry it for about 15 sec.
- Add your shrimp and stir-frying continuously for about 40 sec.
- Add half of your rice. (a little bit of rice first is going to soak up all those delicious shrimp juices).
- Crack in an egg and mix it up with your shrimp and rice. Stir-fry until your egg is cooked.
- Then toss in the rest of your rice give it a quick stir.
- Add a tablespoon of soya sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce and a pinch of sugar.
- Toss in your carrot, beans and sliced onion fry it for another 40 sec.
- Then the green onions, a few more sec. and remove it from the heat.
You may serve it with cucumber, a squeeze of Lemon and sprinkle of pepper. (You will love the little sour tinge from the lime juice)
Shrimp Fried Rice (Khao Pad Goong) is a good classic lunch dish to fill your empty stomach .